- After a year, I think Shaw does have help because even when she has The Machine | Root, it's still not the same as having a hacker on scene. Shaw is okay with computers but she's no hacker.
- She does work with Fusco and Zoe, after everything she's taking tabs on them. She's not going to lose any more people if she can help it. Dani is also brought on as a consultant when Fusco is forced to retire from NYPD.
- The hacker, let's call her Rachel is someone who worked for an anonymous group of hackers that was bent on investigating the weird and catastrophic events that led to ICE 9 virus. They stand against AIs, Rachel's group goes to ground when a mysterious group targets them, fortunately for Rachel the Machine | Root tagged her as a potential asset and set Shaw as her neighbor.
- Rachel and Shaw start working together but Shaw's aloof, more so than usual. She had a team and a family and it will take a while for Shaw to let anyone close again.
- Rachel thinks Shaw is a scary superhero, and Rachel doesn't trust the person ('Root'? Pretentious much!) Shaw keeps arguing with over comms. Needless to say, Rachel isn't pleased to learn that Shaw's actually working with an AI.
- Gen contacts Shaw and Rachel mistakenly thought Gen is Shaw's daughter. Both Gen and Shaw balk at that.
- "How rich are you?!" Rachel blurts out after Shaw pulls off a really expensive takeover.
Shaw paused, as if she's actually thinking about it and then admits, "I don't really know."
- Rachel thinks Zoe is awesome and that Zoe is Shaw's girlfriend, Zoe only laughs at this. Then Kelly comes along.
- Rachel realizes Shaw is in a strange relationship with an AI with seeming multiple personalities.
- The Machine | Root enjoys scaring the crap out of Rachel. Rachel threatens to quit at least once.
- Fusco: "It's like she (Rachel) is the daughter you and cocoa puffs never had."
Shaw: "I'm going to shoot you."